Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Why do I fret?

We have been living with my Mom and Rod (her husband as of March 28th, 2009) and it has been a sweet time. Not without it's bumps, but overall so good to be with family and fun to see Rod come into the picture and Abigail adore him and get to know Torger and Joanna better as a couple. Good times and it will be sad to leave, but to everything there is a time and season.

And recently we have been on the hunt for a small place to live of our own as we are here for the next year of living in Monroe.... I confess I havn't been very patient recently about finding a place and was reminded just tonight by a conversation with a couple who is just so resting on God's timing for the changes in their own lives at present and the purchasing of another home.... and that is what spured on this wordy blog post.

I was reminded by their attitudes that since we've been married, the Lord directs our paths. We start out with a bunch of choices ahead and wonder what to do, and after a while of seeming fog or a constant changing of plans, one of the choices seems to emerge as the way to go. He never fails to lead us. But I so often go through the same wondering and fretting through each process. So what am I doing this time? Forgetting how the Lord has worked in my life in the past and doubting He will work things out for me now. But I was reminded tonight by this godly couple to rest and trust that God has my good in mind~what He knows is best for me. They didn't say that, they didn't preach, they are just so down-to-earth-real-people and their story just commumicated such a detail oriented, relationship seeking God to me. I can rest in that. Whew, okay, lesson re-learned. Trust. Thanks Lord. How I wish everyone could know this personal God.

So now none of the circumstances have changed, but I am not feeling frantic in finding the perfect place to live, I choose to rest and allow God to direct us and be excited about what He will do. I'll try to rememer to post the conclusion to this story when it happens. Mabye I'll have a picture of the place too. : )

1 comment:

  1. Amen! And again AMEN! Just the past few weeks I've wanted God to hurry up with this part of my life. And not realizing the blessings that are part of today. Many times I have reminisced fondly about a "time in life" and only to realize that at that “time in life” I couldn't wait till change came. How silly of me to not live in the moment because change will come and I will have missed the blessings of living that moment. So Mandy, Amen and thanks! Ma Rauk.

    ReplyDelete