Friday, August 28, 2009

a full plate and blessings that run over

It's a good time to post a few thoughts, since my little munchkin is in bed and my dear husband is gone helping with the car parking job at church for the fair. So often I just barely have time to post pictures and don't say much... but I had a particularly unusual experience last week that might be interesting to read about.
We are in our new apartment now and being on the third floor is not too bad, just a hassle when I have to unload groceries, especially on a hot day when they can't wait too long in the jeep. So, I usually leave the munchkin inside and leave to get the bags, she entertains herself and really can't get into too much mischief in the few minutes I'm gone... but 30 minutes is another story.
Yes, when I came back up to the door, it wouldn't open. No, she had not locked it, I could hear the deadbolt open and close, but somthing wouldn't allow the door to open more than a centimeter. After being sure I wasn't just being scatterbrained, I drove really fast down to the apartment office ~ which was too far for my comfort and you can be sure I was praying God would protect her from normal toddler mishaps. Eventually, the maintenance guys came and with a lot of force got the door open. I wasn't being a wimpy girl, I really couldn't have gotten that door open. The little latch-box on the door had wedged it's way out and had gotten stuck in the door jam's metal thing, hopefully that makes a little sense.
Anyways, I was so incredibly relieved to be back in the house with my girl, she was scared and just sat on my lap still for a while, but then promptly fell asleep for her nap.
Whew, that was not a fun 30 minutes, it's hard not being in control of her safety. Good thing I could pray. Am I ever really in control even when I think I am?

So, in between the very demanding toddler days, the newborn clothes and supplies have been unpacked and are being washed, and fabric is being purchased and will be sewn. Only 9 1/2 weeks to go. Time is flying. We are praying for an on-time and healthy arrival of this one, and sweet, tiring newborn days at home and not in the NICU as with the munchkin. :) I am so content at this time in life, I know these days will pass so fast, as much as I try to treasure them. Does the loss of our first girl make the arrival of these others that much more precious?

No comments:

Post a Comment