

I've been dreadful about blogging lately... not sure why... I have not had my camera out enough either. Right now Abigail is asleep, she says "night-night" when it is near nap time and goes down so well. Bedtimes are a breeze. Daddy reads a story, puts her into bed and she sleeps 12 hours! I wonder how that will change with the arrival of a new little one? Hopefully she won't hear the baby crying... very funny, you experienced moms are probably thinking. : ) Nevertheless, I feel like I am as mentally prepared for the changes the baby's arrival will make as I can be. And I am so excited for this addition. I think it is on my mind nearly all the time these days.... so I've been sewing for her. Of course! I made Abigail a crib quilt and certainly wanted to keep up the tradition. Hers was pink and brown, this one is pink and green, with peter rabbit pictures. I'll have to post a picture of Abigail's quilt when she is up from her nap.
So, at this point in the pregnancy with Abigail, I was in the hospital on bedrest, while they monitored her growth. Then she was born at 35 weeks and in the NICU for 13 days. And Sarah Grace was born at about 33 1/2 weeks. So after this week, I will be in new territory with pregnancy. At my check-up this week, the nurse midwife said that the recent ultrasound looked great and baby is growing well. Just what we had been thinking, but they were just being precautions. : ) Another first that is coming, our newborn will be at home with us from the start, I get to give her the first bath and dress her right away and hold her as much as I want.
No comments:
Post a Comment