Friday, October 9, 2009

Around our house

Here are some snippets of life around our house lately.


The quilt top for baby.


A sweet pumpkin waiting to be cooked down for my favorite pumpkin bread.


A rose from a rosebush that was a gift when Sarah Grace died, it begins with a pale greenish-pinkish bud and opens up to a lovely baby pink. I brought it when we moved back over here and planted it in my Mom's yard. It's still putting out buds.

My next task when they fully ripen~can more peaches.... and the apples are ready to be mashed into applesauce, but I am not ready yet. They should be okay for a few days on the porch.


I can't get enough of this fall weather! There is a spray of orange leaves outside my porch that refreshes my soul. As nervous as I was about apartment living, this place has been better than I could have asked for. Most of my time is spent in the living/kitchen area where there are two windows and a sliding glass door, which let in tons of light. And the beauty of the tops of the trees in contrast with the blue sky makes me smile. And be so thankful we didn't choose a ground floor place! It just goes to show me once again that as nervous as I may be about change, the Lord is faithful to show me blessings I could not have planned if I had tried.

We are down to under a month before we meet the new little blessing to our family! I am finding myself less "bendable" as I do things with Abigail. : ) Sewing and you can see the quilt top finished. It needs a backing, the one I had bought was flawed, so it is waiting on another trip to the fabric store. My sister's wedding quilt is also waiting on fabric on order to finish. Oh well.
Ben is ambitiously planning to make a Moses basket stand for the basket we had for Abigail. The cedar is waiting in the garage and so it is just a matter of him having time..... it will probably only take him an afternoon once he begins. I think it will be very practical as I plan on her sleeping in the basket until she refuses to be swaddled, around 5 or 6 months I think. Of course I'll post a picture when it is done. He sure has his plate full these days, I do admire how well he does in doing so much and still spending enough time with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment