It's time to resume blogging...and before I begin posting pictures of our Christmas celebration, I must write about the event that dramatically changed my family's holiday and will affect all to come. It was broadcasted all over the country, the three climbers that went missing on December 11th. Well, one of them was Luke. The family connections are confusing, he is the son of Rod, (my mom's new husband), brother (in law) to my sister Melissa, friend of Ben's and mine, as well as new brother. Why does somthing so tragic have to touch our family? Why did it have to be on a mountain by such an experienced climber and on one he had climbed before? Why does someone's life have to be cut so short by our estimation? Why do the rest of us have to hurt so deeply, and not just now, but for the years to come? I can't answer these questions and I don't claim to have the same pain that Luke's immediate family is feeling, theirs sure cuts deeper. But I have watched them walk this dark road through a holiday that normally has so much cheer and I ache with them, for their loss and for the pain they have to now deal with. I don't minimize the pain, but find such relief in our future sure hope~ that Christ will reunite this family in eternity, though on this side it is hard to understand. We miss him and grieve the lack of his presence in the years to come at family events.
Luke's death has caused me to rethink my life and my attitude about it. Am I living to the fullest and in obedience to my God? Am I ready to meet my Maker and would He say "well done"? Am I loving my husband and two girls through the little mundane tasks each day? These two little eternal souls are the most precious gifts I have ever been given (besides my husband :) and I am compelled to give them the best I can.
I should probably conclude, I don't think these few scattered thoughts can really sum it all up, but at least they give you a glimpse of what has gone on recently.
No comments:
Post a Comment