Mothers day was sweet this year, I enjoyed my kids. And my own Mom. I'm pretty fortunate in that area, God has given me great gifts. And I've been a mama for a few years now, I do have to admit that the first year wasn't that hard. I didn't mind middle of the night wakings, or the endless diapers and laundry or always being on demand for somthing.... but with my second one, I do have to admit that those things afore mentioned have sometimes become monotonous and have shown me that my selfish nature is much to prevelant. I don't like that, I'm living my dream job, what's with this attitude that reveals itself when my day dosn't go as planned? It's reminding me that I'm not walking with Jesus as my strength in every moment, and reminding me that these precious kids are on loan to me from Him. Wow. I'm also reminded of what a friend once told me, that whatever we do in life will be work, it really dosn't matter what that is, whether endless laundry or somthing more "glamorous", all work will have ups and downs. Anyways, my reflections on this could go on too long, but that is the gist of it.There is a song by one of my favorite bands, called Everything is Sacred", it is where I am at. It goes somthing like this : "the children are sleeping, but they're running through my mind, the sun makes them happy and the music makes them unwind, I'll get to the laundry, I don't know when, my cup runneth over, I worry about the stain, teach me to run to You, like they run to me, for every little thing ... when I forget to drink from You, I can feel the banks harden, Lord make me like a stream that feeds the garden... could it be that everything is sacred? and all this time, everything I've dreamed of, is right before my eyes..."
No comments:
Post a Comment