It has been 5 years since our first little daughter arrived and went to be with Jesus. We miss her and had a time of remembering that journey the other night. I baked a heart shaped cake and, along with some family, we sang happy birthday to her. Ben read aloud from the little memory album I made in the months following her death. It was good. It's our desire for our girls, especially, to grow up with this part of our family's story being remembered. And then as I prepared the cake and thought about what we would do with the evening, I realized how important it was for me to be remembering Sarah Grace. It's strange with loosing someone, how eventually life goes on and the pain lessens, but part of me wants to feel that pain, as though it somehow gives credit to her life and the loss we have felt. "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the Name of the Lord." Job 1:21And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Her Birth Day
It has been 5 years since our first little daughter arrived and went to be with Jesus. We miss her and had a time of remembering that journey the other night. I baked a heart shaped cake and, along with some family, we sang happy birthday to her. Ben read aloud from the little memory album I made in the months following her death. It was good. It's our desire for our girls, especially, to grow up with this part of our family's story being remembered. And then as I prepared the cake and thought about what we would do with the evening, I realized how important it was for me to be remembering Sarah Grace. It's strange with loosing someone, how eventually life goes on and the pain lessens, but part of me wants to feel that pain, as though it somehow gives credit to her life and the loss we have felt. "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the Name of the Lord." Job 1:21
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I thought a lot about you yesterday and Sarah. Glad to see you are remembering her with your family and celebrating her birthday with yummy cake :) You are a very strong woman and I constantly think about that time in your life and will never forget it.
ReplyDeleteAmanda, that post brought tears to my eyes. Seems like just yesterday that all of this happened! We will always remember how you and Ben were such examples of grace and strength, even in the midst of heartache and pain! I love that you are celebrating her memory with her sisters!
ReplyDeleteWe love you guys!!
So many of your words express what I have been thinking lately. I don't want to let go of my sorrow sometimes because the sorrow seems fitting. I struggle at times to switch the gears of my life from what I thought it might be to what it is. Thank you for such a lovely post!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad God gave you heart shaped pans and allowed you the time and family to celebrate with! What a difficult thing to heal from... I will always remember the memorial service for her. My thoughts are with you guys.
ReplyDelete-Danielle