The other evening after work, Ben checked for wood pallets to bring home for firewood and saw this, all dissassembled, just waiting to be taken by someone! What a sweet gift from the Lord by someone thoughtful! We scrubbed away all the dirt and spiderwebs all day a couple Saturdays ago, and the girls have been loving it. On the rainy days, Megan will randomly comment on eating her snack in "my little house"! But we have not had as much sun since that weekend, and so they have not been outside as much.
Just 5 weeks until the little baby sister makes her arrival and this mama is trying to finish preparing for her! I've been freezing meals and have 3 or 4 so far. I recently realized that would help my being able to enjoy her as a newborn, knowing it is going to be very busy! Spaghetti sauce and taco meat is next on my list, then I'll just continue to make double of whatever meals will freeze well, that I am already cooking that day. I've been planning my May groceries to stock up more so we won't feel like we don't have what we need. Still need to get some extra toilet paper and laundry detergent.
And in less practical things, her quilt is yet to be cut out... but at least I have the fabric now! I want to paint her room too, that will begin on Thursday. : ) Ben is working on the moses b. stand and tomorrow I will (hopefully) find a carseat to purchase and mabye even a used double jogging s. So if this week goes as planned, I will feel much more prepared by the end. We even have a couple names we really like... that has been much harder than I expected! I decided it would be good to start asking the Lord to give us name ideas, because it is rather stressful trying to figure it out. Thankfully Ben and I have very similar taste, but I am just very hard to please despite that when it comes to a name. The girls are so cute about the little baby arriving, I can't imagine them being more prepared than they are, we are praying they adjust well when it really happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment