Sunday, March 3, 2013

the bird Daisy keeps going for

   I was able to take a picture of this poor adorable bird after the girls called me outside to resuce it from our hunter cat, Daisy, balancing on the privacy fence to attack. By the looks of things, the bird may have been in shock, because I got the kitty and put her inside and grabbed the camera and was able to get quite close to snap some shots of the bird. I then jiggled the branch to see if it was injured and it did fly, to another bush and remained there quite a while.
    Since then, we have been keeping her inside more, though we got lazy and let her out again. That time she lost her collar, on which was a bell (we hoped that scared away the birds) and though my memory is fuzzy on details, I think I found the downy remains of another catch throughout the whole garage floor. We've about had it with these birds dying. Now, we are in a dillema, do we declaw her and keep her indoors and only outside if we are out or loose many more birds? She was born in a barn and that seems to be her nature, a hunter!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment