I was inspired by my good friend's brilliant idea of creating a maternity skirt that is comfortable and cute to wear. Thanks to her, my wardrobe of maternity clothing will have much more variety! seemommysew@wordpress.com I love this material, it's a linen look fabric and the flowers are embroidered on. Well, this was my first try... and after it was finished it was too small. So I cut off the cotton/lycra waist band and made the skirt material wider at the waist by cutting an inch off (it's a-line) and re-attatched the band. It worked! Now the true test is to see how long it will fit... I think it will still be a mid-pregnancy skirt. Oh well, the next attempt will be a larger size.And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28
Friday, May 22, 2009
A Maternity Skirt
I was inspired by my good friend's brilliant idea of creating a maternity skirt that is comfortable and cute to wear. Thanks to her, my wardrobe of maternity clothing will have much more variety! seemommysew@wordpress.com I love this material, it's a linen look fabric and the flowers are embroidered on. Well, this was my first try... and after it was finished it was too small. So I cut off the cotton/lycra waist band and made the skirt material wider at the waist by cutting an inch off (it's a-line) and re-attatched the band. It worked! Now the true test is to see how long it will fit... I think it will still be a mid-pregnancy skirt. Oh well, the next attempt will be a larger size.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
it's supper cute! I like it...
ReplyDeleteHey friend!! Thank you for your comment on my blog - I was excited to read that you are blogging...and even more excited to come here and read the words, 'maternity skirt'!! Woo Hoo! Yay! I'm so happy for you and Ben that you are expecting! I should also add that I love your skirt. I admire your sewing talents...partly due to your influence, I am beginning some sewing adventures, too.
ReplyDeleteAbigail has changed a lot already since we've seen you guys. Such a pretty little girl. :)
Much love, friend. It was lovely getting to catch up with you here.