


Jonathon and Abigail observing chicks and baby gooslings. Abigail and I just traveled to the beautiful midwest to visit an old college friend and her family. While we were there, chicks and geese arrived in the mail! My little girl was cautious of them. She seemed to like watching from a distance but didn't really want to touch. I think with more time she would have been pretty comfortable, like with the crabs at the beach. : )
What wonderful memories come to mind when I saw Abby and the baby ducklings. I remember the first time chicks came in the mail that first summer on the farm. I didn’t have a place to put them yet but bought them anyways. It was the best way to get Dad going on build a pen in the barn for them. At times my motto was: it’s better to ask forgiveness, than to ask permission. Not something I would recommend in a marriage, though at times it did produce progress. The kids played with them for hours. It was either Ben or Daniel that brought out the plastic eggs and placed chicks in them. It was hilarious to see the chicks pop out of the eggs. I believe we filmed it or took pictures of the event. Grandma
ReplyDelete