
A three-week old baby... and a toddler... don't I look like I have it all together? Grin... no, I do not. Actually, the night before Thanksgiving was the longest fussy time Megan has had yet and Abigail woke a couple times crying (Ben took care of her while I had Megan) and therefore I was super tired all day. Even took a nap before dinner. So, when picture time came, I put on some lip-gloss and that helped a lot! I think the camera ignored the shadows under my eyes, but I am not complaining, really, I'm not. I love having children and Megan is such a sweet baby and gift from the Lord. How timely to have her right before Thanksgiving. There have been so many ups and downs, I have completly enjoyed just sitting and looking at my baby, marveling at her perfectness. And then reading books with Abigail and enjoying her chatter and the interaction I can have with her. But, I have had some days of tears as Megan is fussy and Abby is whining and I wonder what they will think if someone comes to my door and my hair is in a ponytail and I feel like I look terrible, not to mention the living room floor strewn with what Abby leaves behind and papers all over the desk and the dishes half done. My desire for a tidy house is being challenged. I keep reminding myself that my kiddo's needs are more important. I know there will be time to figure out the balance of keeping my home orderly and having two kiddo's. So there are the two extremes of my life right now. Yet I really would not trade this time for anything.






Mandy - I had heard that little Megan was absolutely beautiful. I heard right! What a gorgeous little sweetheart. We wish you all the best as you navigate parenting two little ones while sleep-deprived. :)
ReplyDelete