Monday, July 26, 2010

a day at the mountain

Driving
Sunrise Lake

Papa made the walking stick my size

Alpine heather
Papa & Nana
Mt Rainier!
Magenta Paintbrush
A view of some glaciers on the mountain
Pink Mountain Heather
The alpine terrain is just beautiful and so different than hikes we generally go on

Rod knew the names of the Mountain's peaks and glaicers
We had such a fun day! The kiddos did so great in the backpacks! Abigail's memorable comment on the trail was "I need a sweatshirt" (well, she certainly is her mama's daughter...) It was very hot and even I didn't bring a sweatshirt! On the way home, she was asking to see more mountains.

2 comments:

  1. great pictures! glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there,
    What a way to get away! Abby was one tired girl, she must of had fun. Enjoyed looking and being able to step into a little of your world. I must convince Dad to take me out there for a visit. You will have to help me prod him. At times he has tunnel vision and can't seem to see beyond the pressures of responsibilities. Mom

    ReplyDelete