Saturday, July 24, 2010

the third day without the super daddy to help


We visited daddy up at his work a couple weeks ago and now Abigail really identifies that her daddy works on planes. Often when seeing a plane in the sky, she comments that daddy flies airplanes or, "I like airplanes". Here she is "helping" screw on the wheel pants.
While he is gone she likes to say hello on the phone. The conversation begins with a very bright "hi daddy" as she tries to hold the phone on her shoulder with no hands. (like mommy) And then she will often ask "are you at work?" ... " working on airplanes?".... she listens and intercepts with comments about what Megan is up to, or what we are doing at present.
Though things are not always as she may prefer, similar to all toddlers who are priviledged and don't realize it, life really is not that tough for her. She got to be picked up by Nana and Papa to go for a ride in the jogging stroller around the lake and then to play on the playground and after that to have lunch at their house. She didn't even have to share them with Megan or Logan. (she says she misses Logan)
And bedtime was not in her plans tonight, especially since mommy had a friend over... and after a bunch of times of being sent back to bed with unplesant consequences, she informed me, "I need my daddy!" Was I doing anything right?! Somehow in the midst of it all, Megan was woken up and that was even more frustrating for this mama. Well, after my friend left, I went up to tackle the bedtimes again, a lot of rocking at least calmed the Magpie down enough to be put in her crib and fall asleep pretty easily. And thankfully during that process, the Abidoodle finally fell asleep. I am sure she will end up in my bed before too long. Hopefully I can get a bit of sleep before that happens.....


No comments:

Post a Comment