Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Teddy Bear cake

I looked online for pictures of teddy bear cakes, just to get some ideas. I baked two 9 inch rounds with one cake recipe, then using half a recipe, baked the batter in a smaller round pan and 4 small round jello molds. The four jello molds are the paws, I cut down one of the 9 inch rounds to make the head and completely cut out the ears and nose from the smaller round pan. I had some messy edges. But since the bear was being covered in coconut, it didn't matter!
I frosted the bear in a shiny chocolate frosting, which was runnier than I planned and I began to think the bear was going to look silly. Then I mixed a lot of coconut with the leftover frosting, which colored it brown and placed it all over the bear. (by hand) I made some buttercream frosting for the decorative touches. And thanks to Joanna coming over before everyone else, she held fussy Megan and suggested to me me some creative ideas which I needed, because by the time I was piping on his paws, my brain was about empty of any creativity! (the afternoon had not gone as I planned and I was quite frustrated with not being able to get things ready in time)

1 comment:

  1. Great job! That bear cake is sooo cute!

    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete