
It's time for my sewing maching to be turned on, a first since Christmas sewing. There is still a bunch to do around my house, but I also am growing out of clothes... and would love some skirts. Funny, because a friend of mine who was serving in PNG could not stand to wear skirts during her pregnancy here as she had to wear them all the time over there! It's a bit rewarding for me to be able to outfit myself in ways besides spending a fortune at the maternity store. Anyways, I found a nicely made skirt, with tucks and lining already done so all I have to do is remake the waistband to allow for streach. As much as I love buying fabric and sewing, these days, it sees easier to take somthing and "repurpose" it. These jeans were my super exciting find since they were the $1.29 deal, wide leg (essential for making a jean skirt), a good jean color and fit decently well. Yay! These will be a bit more of a challenge, I have never added a cotton lycra waistband to jeans before. Hope it works, if not, $1.29 and a little bit of time isn't too much of a loss. Mabye one will be finished in time for Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment