The jeans in the previous post have been transformed into a skirt, but I have not attempted replacing the waistband with a cotton lycra one, I need too. The skirt dosn't quite fit right with a little basket ball on my front. My ambitions to post more regularly have not turned out very well, things got kind of busy these past couple weeks and tiredness/irritability has been more of a battle. And therefore why am I writing so late now? Well, Ben is out of town for a few days with family back in the cheesy state and I find it hard to get to bed early! And it's nice having some hours of quiet while the munchkins sleep. My too busy past couple of weeks are being balanced now with quite a bit of alone/recharge time, Mom and Rod had the girls all day and now they are sleeping. It's amazing how productive one can be without interuptions! (oh, and I should mention, I am not really cooking while he is gone, beyond dutch babies and mabye some chicken tomorrow for all that protien I need)
Abigail sure misses her daddy, she burst into intense tears when he said goodbye at the airport and again today when we arrived at Nana & Papa's. That makes me sad, but glad that Ben dosn't leave very often. It was cute watching her talk on the cell phone to him this evening as she walked around the living room with Megan following, waiting for her turn.
Slowly, the Lord has been providing trivial things for our house, I've found a large inexpensive rug for our bedroom and today found a pink wool rug for the girls room. I am on the lookout for a living room rug, but don't feel quite as rushed since my list is getting checked off. And, I should have taken a before and after picture, but the underneath area of my kitchen sink got itself organized with containers I had lying around. I love to open the cabinet door and just admire it. : ) I know, kind of silly, but so essential to a well-functioning kitchen.
The Lord has been doing amazing things in our midwest family. In the face of death from cancer, his aunt is displaying amazing peace, and enjoyment of the people around her. My mother in law has been closely involved and I am just purely blessed and encouraged to press on in the faith by her description of how close the Lord has been to her, providing such practical things she needs and giving her the strength to go on. Listening to her talk about what is going on brings back memories of the sweet closeness of the Lord when Ben and I experienced the loss of our first little one. I am reminded of such a peace that passes understanding in the midst of raw heartache and praise the God who created us for relationship, and that those will be eternal.
i did some organizing of different cupboards in our house and i open them to admire them too. Lol!!! Makes me feel odd, but so happy that i don't care! ;) You guys and your family in WI have been in my prayers.
ReplyDelete