I decided to try again with Megan and potty training, she is so ready, even so far as complaining to me as I put on her cloth diaper, she wants the disposable one! No, not catering to that. So, I put the heater in the bathroom and kept the fire hot and let her run around without a diaper. There were lots of messes, but later this afternoon, she used the potty several times and even for #2! Hopefully it will be even better tomorrow. I would like her to be out of diapers by the time baby arrives.
I've also got the paint out and am finally doing the kid chairs and a dresser I picked up from the side of the road last spring.
These are very yummy Protien Bars that I made for the first time recently. I'm convinced they actually are good for me too, when, after eating one when I was very hungry, my blood sugar leveled and that craving to eat was satisfied, as well as that chocolate tooth. So they would be healthier without the chocolate, but just not as complete.
Protien Bars
2 cups unsalted almonds
1/4 cup ground flax
1/2 cup dried prunes, dates or rasins
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup peanut butter
pulse in food processor 10-30 seconds
Melt together:
1/2 cup butter
1 Tablespoon honey or maple syrup
2-3 teaspoons vanilla
add to mixture in food processor and pulse until ingredients form a coarse paste
press firmly into an 8x8 pan
chill until hard
chocolate topping:
1/2 - 2/3 cups chocolate chips or butterscotch chips mixed with chocolate chips
melt and spread over chilled bars
store in refridgerator
yay, Megan!
ReplyDelete